Sunday, November 25, 2012

Complex Cognitive Processes

Reflect on your learning habits and strategies. In what ways might you have you been either nurturing or neglecting your own complex thinking processes?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been working in technical accounts for almost 10 years now. I went to work in the BPO industry straight off from college. All the accounts I've worked for needed technical and analytical skills. We were in the industry where you have to memorize a lot of terms and know the jargon. 

As part of the the management team, I should always be on top of issues that come up, and problem solving and decision making skill is a must. So, I honed these skills. 

Whenever I take psychological tests back in college, most of the time the results would say that I'm a right-brained person, that I  should be into journalism, nursing or a teacher. 

I believe these occupations really require mostly creativity and the nurturing skill. I used to love painting when I was in grade school and high school. I can spend time trying to finish an art project rather than a chemistry project. 

I guess this is one of the complex thinking process that I have been neglecting. I believe that we should nurture all our complex thinking processes. The only way to do it is to find ways and practice them. 

I will put this as one of the goals I have for this PTC course. 

I truly enjoyed the EDS 103 Theories of Learning course. There were several distractions I encountered when I was taking this course, however I tried to go past them. Now, I know better and this makes me want to take the challenge more. 

Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.
David Frost 

No comments:

Post a Comment