Friday, September 7, 2012

Bridging the Distance

    When I was 9 years old, I used to play "teacher-teacheran" with my younger sisters and neighbors. They were the students, and I was the teacher, of course. I would gather them in the backyard, in the makeshift "classroom", with tables and chairs. I don't exactly remember what I taught them, but I had activities and quizzes for them. 

    Now, 21 years after, I asked my sisters if they remembered what I taught them. They said they don't remember, but they remember that it was fun and they always wanted to do good in the activities and quizzes. I guess I really wanted to be a teacher at heart. I believed in sharing knowledge and explaining things so others can understand. 

    So again, 21 years after, I told myself that I should follow my passion. We only have one life to live, and a lot of things to learn and teach, so we have to just grab them and pursue those passion and dreams. 

    This is where my new journey starts, this should have been my path all along. This path lead me to UP Open University. 

    At first, I didn't know how I would be able to learn through distance learning which was a new concept for me. However, I know with the onset of new technology anything is possible virtually online on the World Wide Web. 

     I thought it was going to be a piece of cake, but after going through the modules, forums and e-Journals, I found it very challenging. I knew then that in order to fully commit to this course, I should manage my time wisely and make time for a lot of reading and writing. 
     
     I fully commit myself to this certification program. I know that like my sisters and childhood friends, I would find learning this program fun and that I promise I would do good in it. 



    




No comments:

Post a Comment