Monday, February 4, 2013

eJournal# 3 Creating Handouts

Time flies! 


The 3rd week of class in EDS 151 went by so quickly. I learned a lot on this week about creating handouts. Sadly, I had no time to answer the questions on the fora (by the way, I should be able to catch up this week on answering  the fora).  Again, I plan to fulfill at least 100% of the requirements of this course. 

I enjoyed creating the handout and also evaluating my peers' work. I learned that creating a handout is not just copying and pasting the text off the book (or resource) and putting them on paper. It should be well-thought of, clear, understandable and most of all the information should be accurate. 

Whenever I get positive feedback from my classmates, I feel more confident that I'm on the right track. When I do get constructive criticism, I get more motivated to do my best and learn more. 

There's been a confusion as well on the fora between printed materials and visuals. I believe printed materials offer more text than graphics/pictures. Reflecting on this further, I believe printed materials (those that were published) provide more accuracy than those information from the internet. 

Whenever a book/magazine/newspaper is published it undergoes scrutiny of several editors, and it is being revised several times. In the internet, take for example, Wikipedia, it's actually an open resource where anyone can edit or add. The internet is open for everyone, and may be difficult to filter which information is accurate and which is not. 

It would be up to the reader to judge and double-check on the information.

Let me share a quote that I found funny...

The Internet is just a world passing around notes in a classroom.  ~Jon Stewart

Maybe not notes, but ideas :-) 

Until then...


No comments:

Post a Comment