Wednesday, January 30, 2013

eJournal # 2 My Hectic 2nd Week

My 2nd week in the EDS 151 class was anything but uneventful. I was able to start my class with good comments from Teacher Roja and my classmates. I was at my momentum, however, it seems I was delayed for a week with my requirements. 

I don't want to make excuses because this was a commitment I made and I plan to see it from start to finish. 

I did learn a lot from my 2nd week. It was actually overwhelming for me to see a lot of resources. I wanted to read them all, but it's not possible. I was used to having to read books, not ebooks, when I was studying in school. Some of the tips I learned from my previous class really helped though in making me understand what I was reading. 

I learned about the difference between Instructional Technology and Instructional Media. One thing I learned that was interesting for me was that Instructional Technology was a whole new field of study. Like some of my classmates in the forum, I was confused as well  on the definition.

I took an elective subject in college on "Introduction to Graphic Design", and I think it maybe useful as well in this course. I know now that there are a lot of factors to consider in making instructional materials.We have a lot of resources around us that we can use. More so with the boom of technology, computers, mobile applications, and software. 

I will make sure to double my pace in order to catch up with the requirements of this course. It takes a lot of self-regulation to be in an online distance learning, but I see that I have a lot of support. 

Until my next eJournal, thanks for reading! Comments are very much appreciated. 


5 comments:

  1. Hi Carla,

    I am trying to catch up as well. Just finished doing my second e-journal entry and my assignment for critique today.

    In case you have time to drop by, please feel free: http://eds151mrdelacruz.wordpress.com/

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Ruth! I'll be sure to drop by your blog as well.

      Delete
  2. Yeah. Tell me about self-regulation. People cannot belittle what we're doing here. You really have to have a lot of self-discipline just to do this online studies, and more so if you even want to succeed in it.

    Internet resources are overwhelming all the time. I'm thankful that college trained me on how to approach overwhelming. I also want to read them all but in reality, we just do not have enough time to do it before the due date arrives. So we have to learn the skill of prioritizing :D
    My med classmates know exactly what it means. Hahah! But seriously, I plan to read them even after this course. Because I think they're really informative. BTW, your intro to graphic design can indeed come in handy here. As for me, I only got my photoshop skills and instagram courses at youtube university. :))
    Thanks for dropping by my site!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for commenting, Aises. Point taken on prioritizing. I've always been struggling with that and constantly working on it.
      I think the simpler, the better on creating instructional materials, so not to overwhelm the reader. When all else fails, there's always Clipart! :D

      Delete