Friday, January 11, 2013

eJournal Entry #1 First Impressions





1. What is your first impression of the class ?

My first impression of the class was that it's very organized. The modules are arranged  chronologically and to it is very user-friendly to navigate.  Teacher Roja is a very young teacher so I'm certain she has a good grasp of online teaching and online teachnology. 
I saw that the class has a smaller number of students. For me I work better with a smaller group, I'm not overwhelmed by a lot of ideas. I am able to read almost all of the comments and entries that my classmates do. 

2. What are your expectations from a) the class, b) your FIC, c) your classmates, and d) yourself?

I expect my FIC to be on top of things. She will be able to address posts immediately. Also, I do hope that we get to see the progress in our grades so that we can see if we are doing great or not.

I expect my classmates to be interactive, and will contribute meaningful insignts and ideas. 

I expect myself to be fully committed to this course, even if I work a full-time job and being a full-time mom. I only want to give 100% to this course. 

3. What are your ideas about instructional media resources, educational technology, and instructional/teaching materials?

My idea of instructional media resources is the process of creating effective audio-visual materials and integrating technology for students to facilitate their learning. 

My idea of educational technology is integrating learning by making use of the current technology that's emerging (e.g. television, internet, mobile technology).

For me, instructional/teaching materials are those audio-visual materials that helps teachers teach their students effectively. 

4. How do you think this course will help you become better teachers?

To become a better teacher, you have to become a perpetual student. This course is a way for me to learn more and see how technology can help us would-be teachers to be more effective and even, efficient in our methods of teaching.

5. What is your commitment to this class?  What are you willing to do for you to have an abundant and a deep learning from this course?

I commit to be able to submit all the requirements within the deadline. I also am willing to read more ebook and online resources to further my knowledge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment